Braziers are typically placed within range of an Altar, filled with three ingredients and then lit with a Flint & Steel to produce the desired effect either as the Brazier burns, or when it is burnt.
A water bucket can be used to extinguish a brazier and clear its current ingredients.
Lighting a brazier without valid ingredients will just cause smoke. Lighting it when it requires altar power and has none, will just cause flame until power becomes available.
Each effect below can be achieved by placing the listed ingredients in the brazier and setting it on fire.
The following effects can be performed:
- Graveyard Mist - surrounds the area with a thick mist.
- Summon Spectre - summons a Spectre after about 30 seconds.
- Summon Banshee - summons a Banshee after about 30 seconds.
- Deathly Veil - makes creatures near to the brazier invisible so long as the brazier burns.
- Anguish of the Dead - causes all creatures standing near to the burning brazier to cause more damage.
- Fortification of the Corpse - causes all creature standing near to the burning brazier to receive less damage.
- Drain Growth - causes all crops standing near to the burning brazier to shrivel, with the energy gained from them allow the brazier to burn longer. Any undead creatures near to the brazier will be healed each time a crop is withered.